1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners will be selected from each region.
1st Place: $250
2nd Place: $150
3rd Place: $100
Parent/Guardian Permission Form
To submit your video, please upload it privately to
YouTube and email the link along with the title page and the parent/guardian
permission form to CFOConsumerServices@ myfloridacfo.com. For information on
uploading private videos to YouTube
Video Challenge - High School - 9th - 12th Grade
Florida's Financial History website as a guide, create a video to illustrate
the economic importance of our state over the years. The library in the
Resources area of the website will also be helpful.
Choose from three scenarios below to express your creativity and ideas in
video medium. The video project must be of high quality and portray a
historically accurate account of Florida’s history and the economic impact of
the selected topic on the state’s current success.
- Travel back in time in Florida’s history and provide advice on Florida’s
financial future. With the information you know today about Florida and its
economic success and challenges, create a video that depicts an era and place
you would go back to and what financial advice you would share?
- Using the Florida's Financial History website, choose one of the following
categories: Agriculture, Technology, Tourism or Transportation. Create a video
that illustrates its historical importance in our state’s success today.
- Many visionaries in Florida’s history had the foresight to invest in and
develop Florida in its early years. Choose one of these people in Florida’s
history and illustrate his/her importance.
- Historical Accuracy: Truthful portrayal of topic
- Content: Effectively conveys topic with creative style
- Quality of Production: Visual appearance and audio clarity
- Technical: Smooth scene transition and appropriate editing
Region 1: North Florida
Region 2: Central Florida
Region 3: South Florida
View Region Map