TEMPORARY PERSONAL LINES AGENT
Click here for more information about temporary licenses available due to COVID-19.
TYPE AND CLASSES:
T20-44 Temporary Resident Personal Lines
Common Use(s) of License:
A “TEMPORARY PERSONAL LINES AGENT” may be issued to an individual who is executor or administrator of the estate of a deceased individual licensed and appointed as a personal lines agent at the time of death; or to a surviving next of kin of the deceased individual, if no administrator or executor has been appointed and qualified.
To an individual appointed to represent an insurer of the industrial or ordinary-combination class solely for collecting premiums and servicing in-force policies. Such licensee may not directly or indirectly solicit, negotiate, or effect contracts of insurance. Individuals applying for this reason MUST complete the 60 hour Personal Lines Pre-Licensing Course.
[Click here to find a course]
STEPS TO OBTAIN T20-44 TEMPORARY RESIDENT PERSONAL LINES LICENSE:
Step 1 - You must:
- Be a natural person at least 18 years of age.
- Be a resident of the state of Florida.
- Be a United States citizen or legal alien who possesses a work authorization
from the United States Immigration and Naturalization Services. [Click
here for more information]
- Not hold a resident license in another state.
Step 2 - Apply:
Step 3 - Fingerprints:
Step 4 - Status notification(s):
- Once an application has been submitted, you may check your MyProfile account for the status of your application. Deficiencies will be listed under
the pending license type.
- Once all the above steps have been satisfied, the department will send your
approval by email. You may then go to your MyProfile account and
click the “Wallet” and/or “Letter” hyperlink(s), under the “Print Licenses” section, to generate a copy of your license for printing.
- The temporary license is valid for six (6) months.
- Only one temporary license may be issued per lifetime.
- This license cannot be held with the following licenses:
- 0-55 SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
- 0-60 MANAGING GENERAL AGENT
- 0-93 LIFE (FOREIGN/MILITARY)
- 2-20 GENERAL LINES
- 4-40 CUSTOMER REPRESENTATIVE
- 20-44 PERSONAL LINES AGENT
- Third party access must be authorized by the licensee through MyProfile for the third party to manage the licensing submissions and changes on behalf of the licensee. NOTE: Third party access will not permit the third party to receive criminal history information through deficiency requests or otherwise, unless provided by the applicant in writing.
- Related Florida Statutes: 626.175