ANTICIPATED HIRING RANGE: $75,000.00
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
The Division is seeking an Attorney. This position is responsible for performing legal research, analysis, trial and hearing preparation and attendance, advise the Division as needed on estate specific and general legal issues, manage outside legal vendor contracts, and participate with other Division team members on various projects under general supervision of the Chief Attorney. The chosen candidate will be expected to work independently and as part of an estate team and be responsive to client requests for legal advice. This position is in our Tallahassee or Miami Office.
GENERAL DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Prepares legal opinions involving statute and rule interpretation.
- Prepares briefs, pleadings, and arguments involving administrative, criminal, civil or equity litigation and appeals.
- Conducts legal research and litigation.
- Represents the Receiver in trials and appeals.
- Provides legal counsel.
- Interprets state and federal legislation, laws and rules.
- Performs other duties as required.
The salary range for this position is $75,000.00 per year.
- Juris Doctor from an accredited college of law and a membership in the Florida Bar within 12 months of hire.
- 1 to 4 years of experience
- In compliance with federal law, individuals selected for hire will be required to confirm their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
- In accordance with Florida Statutes 110.1128, the Division must verify male applicants have registered with the Selective Service System or have proof of registration exemption to be eligible for employment or promotion with the Division. If registration or exemption cannot be verified, male applicants are not eligible for hire. If currently employed by the Division, this law prohibits the promotion of such person. This requirement also applies to any male who has legally or illegally entered the United States. To check the status of your registration, obtain proof of exemption, review requirements for transgender people, or for general information about the Selective Service System, please visit
HOW TO APPLY:
Resumes can be submitted through one of the below methods. The information must be received by the position's closing date and time.
Email: email@example.com. Please include the position title in the email subject line.
- Mail or Hand Delivery: 325 John Knox Road, Atrium Building, Suite 101, Tallahassee, FL 32303
- If you require an accommodation to participate in the application process due to a disability, please call (850) 413-4546 for assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer