ANTICIPATED HIRING RANGE: $75,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
GENERAL DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Manages the accounting activities of insurance companies in receivership.
- Coordinates projects and assignments for the Estate Accounting Unit and supervises Senior Accountants, Forensic Accountants, and the Tax Manager.
- Develops policies and procedures for Estate Accounting Unit activities.
- Performs treasury functions, cash management, and investments including securing company assets, coordinating bank activities, and serving as a liaison with a variety of entities.
- Reviews and prepares distribution and discharges accounting projections.
- Prepares company financial statements.
- Prepares analytical data for litigation and testifies as required.
- Responsible for on-going investigative accounting and analysis of receivership estates.
- Supervises vendors retained by the Receiver for forensic and estate accounting projects.
- Assists the Accounting Director with special projects related to estates.
- Travels to insurance companies that are placed in receivership as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
The hiring salary for this position is $75,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, finance, mathematics, or related field and four years of professional accounting experience, two of which must have been in a supervisory capacity, or
- Any combination of education and/or experience in the fields described above that equals the minimum requirement.
- Insurance regulatory experience
- Insurance receiverships or bankruptcy proceedings
- Microsoft Dynamics SL
- In compliance with federal law, individuals selected for hire will be required to confirm their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
- In accordance with Florida Statutes 110.1128, the Division must verify male applicants have registered with the Selective Service System or have proof of registration exemption to be eligible for employment or promotion with the Division. If registration or exemption cannot be verified, male applicants are not eligible for hire. If currently employed by the Division, this law prohibits the promotion of such person. This requirement also applies to any male who has legally or illegally entered the United States. To check the status of your registration, obtain proof of exemption, review requirements for transgender people, or for general information about the Selective Service System, please visit
HOW TO APPLY:
Resumes can be submitted through one of the below methods. The information must be received by the position's closing date and time.
Email: email@example.com. Please include the position title in the email subject line.
- Mail or Hand Delivery: 325 John Knox Road, Atrium Building, Suite 101, Tallahassee, FL 32303
- If you require an accommodation to participate in the application process due to a disability, please call (850) 413-4546 for assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer