Office of Human Resources
The Division of Rehabilitation and Liquidation (Division) is one of 13 divisions within the Florida Department of Financial Services. It serves as the Receiver of insurance companies that are placed in receivership, primarily for purposes of rehabilitation or liquidation. Under an order of rehabilitation, the Receiver seeks to remedy the problems that resulted in the company being placed into rehabilitation. In liquidation, the Receiver collects all assets of the company and ultimately distributes the available assets to claimants under a statutory prioritization. In both instances, the Receiver is responsible for conducting business on behalf of the company that has been placed in receivership. This process entails providing an array of services which include Accounting, Asset Recovery, Claims, Legal, Information Technology, Administrative Services, and Estate Management functions.
Why Join Our Team?
The vision of the Receiver is to be a recognized and respected leader in the efficient administration of insurance receiverships. To accomplish this goal, the Receiver is comprised of a talented workforce that is dedicated to providing quality service that maximizes value for the public. Joining our team will provide the opportunity to experience the following benefits:
- A welcoming and open environment that fosters a sense of belonging, purpose and innovation.
- Meaningful and challenging work that improves the quality of life for the citizens of Florida.
- Shared values of service, teamwork, excellence, accountability, diversity, innovation and integrity.
- A comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and other supplemental insurances, retirement and flexible spending accounts, front-loaded paid time off and more.
- A culture that supports flexible work schedules, community service and the recognition of employee contributions.
- A commitment to training and development through continuous education and collaboration.
For more information about employment with the Receiver, please see the Frequently Asked Questions section.
Senior Data Engineer - Hybrid Remote
ANTICIPATED HIRING RANGE: $80,000.00 – $85,000.00
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
The Division is seeking a Senior Data Engineer. This hybrid-remote job, which is based in the Tallahassee office, allows employees to work one (1) day from home after six (6) months of employment. This position is responsible for performing complex analysis of database systems including planning, design, maintenance, and development. The duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
GENERAL DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Performs company data analysis and conversion into Division's systems. Coordinates with receivership company IT staff to obtain necessary data.
- Coordinates data transmissions from Division's systems to external entities (e.g. Guaranty Associations).
- Identifies data sources, constructs data decomposition diagrams, provides data flow diagrams and documents the process.
- Develops reusable code and procedures to streamline data conversion and ensure data quality.
- Develops integration between internal business applications at the database level.
- Evaluates user's request for new data elements and systems against the existing shared data environment.
- Coordinates use of the organization's data to ensure data integrity and control redundancy.
- Establishes database design techniques using data modeling and prototyping software.
- Analyzes and proposes changes to database structures.
- Develops and maintains data dictionary ensuring uniformity of definitions and standards for use of data dictionary.
- Works with infrastructure team to determine necessary database security.
- Travels as required.
- Support disaster recovery efforts.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The hiring salary range for this position is $80,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, information systems, engineering, or mathematics and three years of experience in database design and development, computer software development, management information systems, web design, information systems; or
- Professional experience as described may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
- Microsoft SQL Server and SQL scripting
- Relational database design and development
- Data analysis and conversion techniques
- Extensive knowledge of data integration and processing including extraction, transformation, and loading.
- Microsoft Visual Studio programming
- In compliance with federal law, individuals selected for hire will be required to confirm their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
- In accordance with Florida Statutes 110.1128, the Division must verify male applicants have registered with the Selective Service System or have proof of registration exemption to be eligible for employment or promotion with the Division. If registration or exemption cannot be verified, male applicants are not eligible for hire. If currently employed by the Division, this law prohibits the promotion of such person. This requirement also applies to any male who has legally or illegally entered the United States. To check the status of your registration, obtain proof of exemption, review requirements for transgender people, or for general information about the Selective Service System, please visit www.sss.gov.
HOW TO APPLY:
Resumes can be submitted through one of the below methods. The information must be received by the position's closing date and time.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the email subject line.
- Mail or Hand Delivery: 325 John Knox Road, Atrium Building, Suite 101, Tallahassee, FL 32303
- If you require an accommodation to participate in the application process due to a disability, please call (850) 413-4546 for assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer