Florida Department of Financial Services - Hurricane Ian Update - 9.27.22
|For Planning Purposes: Tuesday, September 27, 2022|
Contact: Office of Communications, Communications@MyFloridaCFO.com, 850.413.2842
Florida Department of Financial Services - Hurricane Ian Update
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Today, Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Jimmy Patronis and the Florida Department of Financial Services (DFS) provided new updates on Department activities regarding Hurricane Ian.
- CFO Jimmy Patronis received a storm briefing from Emergency Management Officials at the statewide Emergency Operations Center (EOC) in Tallahassee.
- CFO Jimmy Patronis spoke with Florida Senator Rick Scott regarding Hurricane Ian response and recovery efforts.
- Five of Florida’s US&R Task Forces have been activated. Five out-of-state FEMA US&R Task Forces have been activated including Ohio, Texas, Indiana, and two teams from Virginia.
- The Department coordinated the embedding of 104 National Guard personnel with Florida US&R Task Forces for additional support.
- The State Fire Marshal’s Office has activated a Behavioral Heath Team to aid in support of US&R Task Forces and first responders during storm recovery missions.
- The Department’s Division of Treasury, in coordination with the Office of Financial Regulation (OIR), has been in contact with state-chartered banks and credit unions to identify office closures of financial institutions in storm impacted areas.
Floridians are advised to heed all watches and warnings from state and local officials and make last minute storm preparations ahead of landfall. Visit PrepareFL.com for storm related resources and information.
About CFO Jimmy Patronis
Chief Financial Officer and State Fire Marshal Jimmy Patronis is a statewide elected official and a member of Florida’s Cabinet who oversees the Department of Financial Services. CFO Patronis works each day to fight insurance fraud, support Florida’s firefighters, and ensure the state’s finances are stable to support economic growth in the state. Follow the activities of the Department on Facebook (FLDFS) and Twitter (@FLDFS).