Relevant Florida Statutes and Rules
Chapter 497, Florida Statutes, contains laws by which the death care industry is regulated in the State of Florida, and is an important resource for both the consumer and those involved in the death care industry. Rule chapter 69K, Florida Administrative Code, contains the rules which implement chapter 497, Florida Statutes, and provides additional information for the regulation of the death care industry. Some other applicable statutes are linked for quick reference. Consumers, applicants, and licensees can review these rules and regulations to become familiar with the qualifications, requirements, and laws which apply to licensees in the deathcare industry.
Chapter 69K, Florida Administrative Code
Other Florida Statutes of Interest
- Section 382.008, Florida Statutes – Death, fetal death, and nonviable birth registration.
- Section 382.006, Florida Statutes - Burial-transit permit
- Section 382.007, Florida Statutes – Final dispositions prohibited without burial-transit permit; records of dead bodies disposed
- Section 704.08, Florida Statutes – Cemeteries; right of ingress and egress for visiting or maintenance
- Section 872.02, Florida Statutes – Injuring or removing tomb or monument; disturbing contents of grave or tomb; penalties.
- Section 872.05, Florida Statutes – Unmarked human burials