Florida Firefighter Assistance Grant Program
A. PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
The Firefighter Assistance Grant Program was established by Florida Statute 633.135 and F.A.C. 69A-37.502 to improve the emergency response capability of volunteer fire departments and combination fire departments and provide financial assistance to improve firefighter safety and enable such fire departments to provide firefighting, emergency medical, and rescue services to their communities.
Grant funding is only available for instructor reimbursement for Skills Sign-offs, PPE, SCBA’s, cost share subsidy for AFG apparatus awards, purchase Fire Apparatus, specific Safety Related Tools and Equipment, and Wildland Firefighting Protective Equipment.
For specific information on program priorities and objectives for the FY2023-24 FFAGP, refer to Florida Administrative Code 69A-37.502.
B. AWARD INFORMATION
- Total Available Grant Funds: - $1,000,000
- Period of Performance Start Date: July 1, 2023
- Period of Performance End Date: June 30, 2024
C. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Eligible applicants are fire service providers organized and operating in the state of Florida as a volunteer or combination fire department and meeting all of the following requirements:
- A fire service provider,
- Organized as a fire department for a consecutive period of not less than five (5) years,
- Recorded as a fire department in the Division’s online electronic database,
- Has a Florida fire department identification (FDID) number,
- Will submit fire incident data for a period of twelve months following the date of grant award,
- Compliant with the Florida Firefighters Occupational Health and Safety Act, and
- Submitted the Florida Fire Service Needs Assessment Survey.
D. GRANT APPLICATION AND SUBMISSION INFORMATION
Key Dates and Times
- Opening Date for Submitting Applications: July10, 2023, 8:00 am, EDT.
- Closing Date for Submitting Applications: July 28, 2023, 5:00 pm EDT.
In addition to meeting the above requirements, applicants for the Florida Firefighter Assistance Grant Program must complete the following items and submit the Grant Application to: FirefighterGrant@MyFloridaCFO.com.
- Grant Application
- Florida Fire Service 2021-2022 Needs Assessment (DFS-K4-2191) Electronic Survey
Request a Fire Department Safety Compliance Inspection (if one has not been completed in the past three years) from the Bureau of Fire Standards and Training, Safety Section by sending an e-mail to: FireFighterSafety@MyFloridaCFO.com
E. ADDITIONAL ATTACHMENT
- Grant Narrative Self-Evaluation Guide (PDF FORMAT)
NOTE: Only one Application Packet should be submitted by each eligible Fire Department.
If you have any questions regarding the Florida Firefighter Assistance Grant Program, send an e-mail to: