Fire Officer II
(Certificate of Competency)
Overview: The Division defines a Fire Officer II as a person having the responsibilities of a Company Officer whose duties include supervising a multi-unit emergency incident. The Fire Officer II may also be referred to as a Managing Fire Officer.
To qualify for certification as a Fire Officer II, the applicant shall:
- Possess an active Firefighter Certificate of Compliance issued by the Division or have met the curriculum requirements for Firefighter Part I as defined in 69A-37.055(1) F.A.C.
- Possess an active Fire Officer I Certificate of Competency issued by the Division.
- Complete the prerequisite course titled “ICS-300: Intermediate ICS for Expanding Incidents” or a course determined by the Division to be equivalent.
- Complete the Florida State Fire College “Florida State-Wide Emergency Response Plan (SERP)” course.
- Complete the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation course titled “Courage to Be Safe” (you may attach the certificate for this course during the state application process online or by mail.)
- Complete the Fire Officer II Curriculum.
- Meet the job performance requirements of NFPA 1021 - Fire Officer II (2009).
- Submit “Application for Fire Officer II Certification”, on FCDICE online or by mail:
- Submit the “Fire Officer II Task Book” with required signatures.
- Pass the Fire Officer II Exam with a score of 70% or higher.
- Course Description - Fire Service Course Design BFST2741
- Course Description - Firefighting Tactics and Strategies II BFST2811
- Course Description - Fire Prevention Practices BFST1505
- Course Description - Private Fire Protection Systems I BFST1540
Additional Information for certification:
Applicable towards the following National Accreditation(s):