Office of Human Resources
The Division of Rehabilitation and Liquidation (Division) is one of 13 divisions within the Florida Department of Financial Services. It serves as the Receiver of insurance companies that are placed in receivership, primarily for purposes of rehabilitation or liquidation. Under an order of rehabilitation, the Receiver seeks to remedy the problems that resulted in the company being placed into rehabilitation. In liquidation, the Receiver collects all assets of the company and ultimately distributes the available assets to claimants under a statutory prioritization. In both instances, the Receiver is responsible for conducting business on behalf of the company that has been placed in receivership. This process entails providing an array of services which include Accounting, Asset Recovery, Claims, Legal, Information Technology, Administrative Services, and Estate Management functions.
Why Join Our Team?
The vision of the Receiver is to be a recognized and respected leader in the efficient administration of insurance receiverships. To accomplish this goal, the Receiver is comprised of a talented workforce that is dedicated to providing quality service that maximizes value for the public. Joining our team will provide the opportunity to experience the following benefits:
- A welcoming and open environment that fosters a sense of belonging, purpose and innovation.
- Meaningful and challenging work that improves the quality of life for the citizens of Florida.
- Shared values of service, teamwork, excellence, accountability, diversity, innovation and integrity.
- A comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and other supplemental insurances, retirement and flexible spending accounts, front-loaded paid time off and more.
- A culture that supports flexible work schedules, community service and the recognition of employee contributions.
- A commitment to training and development through continuous education and collaboration.
For more information about employment with the Receiver, please see the Frequently Asked Questions section.
Business Applications Analyst
ANTICIPATED HIRING RANGE: $58,000.00 – $65,000.00
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until Filled
The Division is seeking a Business Applications Analyst. This position is responsible for performing complex business systems analysis and supports business applications.
GENERAL DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and end user requirements.
- Performs requirements analysis that supports the automation of specific business processes.
- Produces documentation for requirements specifications, process flow diagrams, system interface descriptions, implementation plans, project plans, and project status.
- Provides project management services for business applications development projects, business analysis activities, and IT systems procurement efforts.
- Analyzes and determines compatibility of business applications, new designs, or modifications with other systems.
- Serves as a liaison between management, supervisors, end users and Information Technology staff.
- Provides oversight and reporting for the procurement, execution, and performance of IT provider contracts.
- Assess, implement, and provide support for third party software applications for use by Division employees.
- Monitors performance of computer programs post implementation.
- Train end-users or technical support staff on usage of business application programs.
- Travel for receivership operations, if required, and performs other duties as needed.
The hiring salary range for this position is $58,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, management information systems, information systems, computer engineering, mathematics and three years' experience in computer software development, software quality assurance, software project management, management information systems, web design, information systems, or
- Professional experience as described above may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
- Insurance claims and/or policy administration systems
- Accounting systems
- Content management systems
- Workflow systems
- In compliance with federal law, individuals selected for hire will be required to confirm their identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
- In accordance with Florida Statutes 110.1128, the Division must verify male applicants have registered with the Selective Service System or have proof of registration exemption to be eligible for employment or promotion with the Division. If registration or exemption cannot be verified, male applicants are not eligible for hire. If currently employed by the Division, this law prohibits the promotion of such person. This requirement also applies to any male who has legally or illegally entered the United States. To check the status of your registration, obtain proof of exemption, review requirements for transgender people, or for general information about the Selective Service System, please visit
HOW TO APPLY:
Resumes can be submitted through one of the below methods. The information must be received by the position's closing date and time.
Email: email@example.com. Please include the position title in the email subject line.
- Mail or Hand Delivery: 325 John Knox Road, Atrium Building, Suite 101, Tallahassee, FL 32303
- If you require an accommodation to participate in the application process due to a disability, please call (850) 413-4546 for assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer