Fire Officer IV
(Certificate of Competency)
Overview: The Division defines a Fire Officer IV as a person having the responsibilities of a DepartmentHead or Chief Officer with significant leadership responsibilities for an organization. The FireOfficer IV may also be referred to as an Executive Fire Officer.
There are two methods available for a qualified applicant to obtain Fire Officer IV Certification.Individuals should evaluate their eligibility and utilize one of the following options as set forth inparagraph 69A-37.065(2) (d), F.A.C.:
At least 5 years equivalent experience as a FL Certified Fire Officer and attending required classes in a traditional format to achieve Fire Officer IV requirements.
Applicants should evaluate their eligibility as set forth in paragraph 69A-37.065(2) (d) F.A.C. and submit Form DFS-K4-2105 “Application for Fire Officer IV Certification” to the Bureau:
- Applicants using Option A – Direct Program Delivery shall complete Section A and Section B of Form DFS-K4-2105 “Application for Fire Officer IV Certification” along with a copy of course completion certificates or official academic transcript that lists required courses.
- Applicants using Option B – Portfolio Program, shall complete Section A and Section Cof DFS-K4-2105 “Application for Fire Officer III Certification” and attach the completedForm DFS-K4-2109 “Fire Officer IV Portfolio Workbook”.
Submit the "Application for Fire Officer IV" and all supporting documentation on FCDICE online or mail:
- Course Description - Community Risk Reduction BFST3533
- Course Description - Personnel Management for the Fire Service BFST4045
- Course Description - Strategic Planning BFST3720
Choose one of the electives:
- Course Description - Quantitative Analysis BFST9884
- Capstone Project
Additional Information for certification:
Applicable towards the following National Accreditation(s):