NATIONAL TITLE INSURANCE COMPANY
|Company Demographic Information|
|Name of Company:||NATIONAL TITLE INSURANCE COMPANY|
|Case Number:||2009 CA 2577|
|Type of Coverage:||Title|
|State of Domicile:||Florida|
|Status of Receivership:||Closed|
|Important Receivership Dates|
|Date of Rehabilitation:||July 06, 2009|
|Date of Liquidation:||N/A|
|Policy Cancellation Date:||N/A|
|Claims Filing Deadline:||N/A|
|Objection Deadline:||See Below|
|Date of Discharge:||March 31, 2019|
A Loss Portfolio Transfer ("LPT") to Connecticut Attorneys Title Insurance Company ("CATIC") was executed on March 19, 2019.
All NTIC active insurance policies and liability on open and future claims have been transferred to CATIC. As of March 19, 2019, all claims will be the responsibility of CATIC.
Please contact CATIC for further information:
Connecticut Attorneys Title Insurance Company ("CATIC")
4901 Vineland Road, Suite 340, Orlando, FL 32811
Attention: National Title Insurance Company - Claims
Phone (407) 373-7124
Notice of Receivership
On July 6, 2009, National Title Insurance Company (“National Title”) was ordered into receivership for purposes of rehabilitation by the Second Judicial Circuit Court in Leon County, Florida. The Florida Department of Financial Services is the court appointed Receiver of National Title. The company consented to the receivership.
- Florida Policyholders:
- Florida policies will remain in full force and effect during the rehabilitation of National Title. The Receiver will calculate the amount of funds needed to pay all Florida claims and administrative expenses of this estate for one year. The information will be provided to the Office of Insurance Regulation (OIR) which will assess title insurance companies writing in Florida to cover the existing Florida claims and administrative costs of the estate for the balance of 2012 and annually in the future. Click here to see a copy of the Court ordered Notice and Invoice.
- Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee Policyholders:
- In the states of Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee, outstanding National Title policies are cancelled effective 11:59 p.m. on the date of the Order, July 13, 2012.
- A claims filing deadline of July 13, 2013 is established for claims of policyholders located in Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee.
- Claims are to be submitted to the Receiver on or before the claims filing deadline. Claims submitted after the claims filing deadline will be denied unless otherwise ordered by the Court.
- The Receiver has published notice in various publications in Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee regarding the cancellation of the National Title policies in those states. Click here to view a copy of the Notice of Cancellation.
- The Receiver will establish a process for the review of claims and an objection process. Due to limited funds, all claims payments on policies written in these states will stop until after the claims filing deadline.
- Pursuant to Section 631.400, Florida Statutes, the Receiver will allocate funds in the estate to pay claims in Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee.
Ordering that the receivership shall be closed, and the Department's administration of this receivership shall be deemed satisfied, approved, and confirmed in all respects, and the Department, its deputies and all other employees shall be discharged without further order of this Court, from any and all duties, obligations and liabilities in the administration of the receivership at 12:01 a.m. on March 31, 2019.
The Department was discharged of all of its responsibilities in administering this estate and the estate was closed at 11:59 PM on March 31, 2019.
The following documents are provided as Adobe Acrobat PDF files and are best viewed using the free Adobe Acrobat reader software.