Fire Officer I
(Certificate of Competency)
Overview: The Division defines a Fire Officer I as a person having the responsibilities of a Company Officer who supervises a single fire suppression unit or small administrative group within a fire department. The Fire Officer I may also be referred to as a Supervising Fire Officer.
To qualify for certification as a Fire Officer I, the applicant shall:
- Possess an active Firefighter Certificate of Compliance issued by the Division or havemet the curriculum requirements for Firefighter Part I as defined in 69A-37.055(1) F.A.C.
- Complete the Fire Officer I Curriculum.
- Complete the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation "Courage to be Safe" course (you may attach the certificate for this course during the state application process online or by mail.)
- Meet the job performance requirements of NFPA 1021 - Fire Officer I (2009).
- Submit "Application for Fire Officer I Certification", on FCDICE online or by mail:
- Submit the “Fire Officer I Task Book” with required signatures.
- Pass the Fire Officer I Exam with a score of 70% or higher.
- Course Description - Building Construction BFST2120
- Course Description - Company Officer BFST2720
- Course Description - Fire Service Course Delivery BFST1740
- Course Description - Firefighting Tactics and Strategies I BFST1810
Additional Information for certification:
Applicable towards the following National Accreditation(s):