Live Fire Training Instructor I
(Certificate of Competency)
Overview: To provide a process for certifying and recertifying individuals conducting live fire training evolutions, and ensure all activities are conducted in safe facilities and the exposure to health and safety hazards for the firefighters involved and receiving the training is minimized. Live fire training is intended to provide the safest and best experience possible under both realistic and controlled circumstances.
To qualify for certification as a Live Fire Instructor I, the applicant shall:
- Be a Florida Certified Firefighter
- Be a Florida Certified Instructor I, II or III
- Successfully complete 40 hours of basic certification training.
- Documentation of training is to be submitted with the required application.
- Pass a state written examination with a score of 85% or higher.
Live Fire Instructor Definitions and Roles
LFTI Definitions and Roles IMPORTANT!!
Additional Information for certification:
For quadrennial renewal of LFTI, an individual shall complete an application on-line and pay a FEE for the certification applied.
A person is required to complete the 8 hour LFTI refresher course and must submit the Verification of Participation in Live Fire Training indicating:
1) Participation as a primary instructor, IIC or SO; and
(Renewal Fee $15.00)
Applicable towards the following National Accreditation(s):