About the Division
To actively ensure the self-execution of the workers' compensation system by educating system participants of their rights and responsibilities; by leveraging data to deliver exceptional value; and by holding participants accountable for fulfilling their obligations.
Division Address: Division of Workers' Compensation 200 East Gaines Street, Tallahassee, FL 32399-4220 Email: Workers.CompService@myfloridacfo.com Workers' Compensation Claims: 1-800-342-1741 Workers' Compensation Exemption/Compliance: 1-800-742-2214Public Records Request
- Investigate employers to determine civil compliance with Chapter 440, Florida Statutes.
- Enforce civil compliance when violations of Chapter 440, Florida Statutes are discovered.
- Refer suspected violations of other agency laws (state and federal) to proper agency.
- Process exemption applications.
- Maintain exemption database in CCAS (on-line Compliance database).
- Maintain exemption application information/data and make it available to public via public records request.
- Process workers' compensation coverage data received from leasing companies.
- Maintain proof of coverage (POC) database for Florida.
- Efficiently respond to inquiries with reliable information about Bureau and other agency processes.
- Investigates disputes and facilitates resolution without undue expense, costly litigation or delay in the provision of benefits.
- Assists system participants in fulfilling their statutory responsibilities.
- Educates and disseminates information to all system participants.
- Initiates contacts with injured workers to discuss their rights and responsibilities and advise them of services available through EAO.
- Reviews claims in which injured workers' benefits have been denied, stopped, or suspended.
- Provides reemployment services to eligible injured employees who are unable to return to work as a result of their work place injuries or illnesses.
- Provides for collection, distribution and archival of the Division' s imaged records.
- Provides public record information.
- Responds to requests for Division data.
- Assessment Rate Calculations (Workers' Compensation Administration Trust Fund & Special Disability Trust Fund)
- Assessments Collection Unit
- Financial Accountability Section, responsible for the collection of employers' compliance payments and exemption fees
- Project, Software, and Data Analysis Unit
- Self-Insurance Unit, regulation of individually self-insured employers
- Special Disability Trust Fund Unit
- Overall monitoring and auditing of carrier performance.
- Monitoring accuracy of benefit payments; initiating intervention efforts when appropriate.
- Establishing permanent total cases eligible for Division-paid supplemental benefits.
- Assessing penalties for late reporting, benefit payments, or medical payments.
- Providing technical assistance to customers through telephone contacts, training, and audit workshops.
- Collection, quality control, analysis and reporting of medical data provided under workers' compensation.
- Establishes and implements the rules, requirements, and processes for electronic reporting of the First Report of Injury, Subsequent Report of Injury and Proof of Coverage forms, using national EDI standardized file formats.
- Expert Medical Advisor certification pursuant to Section 440.13(9), Florida Statutes. Health Care Provider and Expert Medical Advisor database maintenance.
- Reimbursement dispute resolution pursuant to Section 440.13(7), Florida Statutes.
- Investigation and determination of healthcare provider utilization patterns, billing practices or violations of law or rules that may require penalties, pursuant to Section 440.13(8), (11) or (13), Florida Statutes.
- Development of Workers' Compensation Reimbursement Manuals, in collaboration with the three-member panel, pursuant to Section 440.13(12), Florida Statutes.
- Provision of educational and technical support regarding the aspects of medical services in response to inquiries.
- Phone: (850) 413-1613
- Fax: (850) 354-5100
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org